Our Business, Transaction and Litigation Law Firm
Arlington and Fairfax attorneys who are responsive to client needs
The Arlington law firm of Caulkins & Bruce, PC provides quality legal services at reasonable rates. Caulkins & Bruce attorneys have large law firm experience, but chose to form their own practice so they could provide personal attention to their clients. Caulkins & Bruce’s six attorneys together have more than 100 years of legal experience, with substantial knowledge and skill in various areas of law:
- Business and corporate transactions — The Fairfax and Arlington attorneys of Caulkins & Bruce have the experience and skills to handle a broad range of legal issues that confront companies of all sizes and in different industries, including business formation, sale of businesses and the negotiation and preparation of contracts.
- Business and civil litigation — Caulkins & Bruce attorneys have broad and extensive litigation experience. They successfully represent businesses and individuals in litigation matters involving a wide variety of issues such as contract disputes, business torts, intellectual property, employment disputes, landlord/tenant disputes and debt collection.
- Franchise law — Caulkins & Bruce represents numerous franchisors and franchisees regarding matters impacting their businesses, including the preparation of franchise agreements and disclosure documents, franchise registrations, franchise system compliance issues and the sale of franchise businesses.
- Community Interest law — Homeowner and condominium associations and residential cooperatives must comply with governing documents and applicable law while providing an enhanced community living environment for their members. Our attorneys have a record of success advising these organizations regarding a wide variety of issues and representing them in litigation.
- Local counsel — Caulkins & Bruce attorneys have substantial experience practicing in Arlington, as well as state and federal courts throughout Northern Virginia and Washington, DC — including the fast-paced “Rocket Docket” of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. Our attorneys serve as lead counsel and as local counsel, often assisting larger firms in complex matters before these courts.
- Real estate and commercial lending — Financing for major transactions is frequently at least as complicated as the transactions themselves. Caulkins & Bruce attorneys serve lenders and borrowers in need of these unique legal services. Northern Virginia banks and businesses know their reputation for quality and trust them with their most crucial transactions.
- Bankruptcy and creditor rights — Caulkins & Bruce attorneys regularly represent clients with bankruptcy and creditors’ rights matters. They represent creditors’ interests when their debtors declare bankruptcy, and advise financially troubled businesses regarding bankruptcy options.
Where we practice
Caulkins & Bruce, PC serves clients throughout Northern Virginia and the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Conveniently located in close proximity to all of the courts serving Northern Virginia, including the Circuit Courts of Fairfax, Arlington, Prince William and Loudoun Counties, and The City of Alexandria; the Bankruptcy and U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Virginia and District of Columbia. The firm offers flexible scheduling by special arrangement. Call the office toll-free at 888.558.5799 or complete the online contact form to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your legal issue with an experienced attorney in Arlington or Fairfax.