Nicholas C. Erickson
Business Litigation Attorney in Arlington
Nicholas C. Erickson practices commercial litigation, community association law including condominium, homeowners association and cooperative law, landlord tenant disputes, and civil litigation in northern Virginia and the District of Columbia as an attorney in the Arlington business law firm of Caulkins & Bruce.
During his first year in practice, Mr. Erickson served as a Law Clerk for the judges of the Circuit Court of Arlington County and upon completing his clerkship, joined the predecessor law firm to Caulkins & Bruce (Capsalis, Bruce, Reaser & Caulkins, PLC), where he currently represents clients in a wide range of matters in the courts of Virginia.
Mr. Erickson graduated cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center in 2006, where he was a member of the Georgetown Criminal Justice Clinic; Staff Member and Articles Editor for the Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law; and News Editor, Managing Editor, and Editor Emeritus for the Georgetown Law Weekly, recipient of the ABA Award for Best Law School Newspaper in 2004.
While in law school, Mr. Erickson worked for a Washington, D.C. law firm, where he advised clients on mortgage lending compliance and trends in regulation in the financial industry. His law school career also involved a clerkship for an Administrative Law Judge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, where he reviewed discrimination complaints by federal employees.
Mr. Erickson is a member of Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, Golden Key Honor Society, Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, and National Society of Collegiate Scholars. In April 1997, Mr. Erickson attained the rank of Eagle Scout with the Boy Scouts of America.
- J.D, Georgetown University Law Center, cum laude (2006)
- B.A., University of Florida, with highest honors (2002)
- United States Supreme Court Bar
- Virginia State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- District of Columbia Courts
- Florida State Courts
- Virginia State Bar
- Arlington County Bar Association - Director (2016-Present)
- Arlington County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section - Treasurer (2015-Present)
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- “Hate Crimes,” Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law, Annual Review of the Law, Volume VI Number III Annual Review, 289-314 (Spring 2005)